Thursday 4 January 2007

The great plimsolls rip-off


New white plimsolls
Originally uploaded by boots160.
Plimsolls, once held in contempt as the sneaker for infants, are now all the rage and I for one am pleased to see it.

Like many British kids, I wore plimsolls for school PE classes, hanging around in, climbing trees and fighting. Now I'm wearing them again.

But when these things are made for pence in developing countries like India and Pakistan, how can a shop like Office reasonably charge £24.99 for them fergodsake?!?!? Out of order, surely? My advice would be to get them where I got this lovely pair - eBay.

2 comments:

ng51online said...

Good evening,
We are guilty of using your images, trust be told we payed someone to design our website, and he informed us that he would use stock photos.

I do apologise, perhaps we can send you a fresh pair of plimsolls are a thank you?

Drop me an email, from the contact tab on the website, and I will sort it all out.

Kind regards,

Si

Boots160 said...

Just to let you know that Si was as good as his word and did indeed send me an excellent new pair of shiny white plimsolls from his new company www.whiteplimsolls.com

Thanks Si, and good luck!